SwellGel is a free-flowing granular material, that is simply mixed
with your preferred growing media.
When irrigation or rainfall occurs, the SwellGel granules are
activated and expand into thousands of self-contained ‘reservoirs’,
each absorbing hundreds of times their own weight of water.
The developing plant roots quickly grow right into, and though,
these SwellGel ‘reservoirs’, thus gaining access to almost 100% of
the stored water.
Here’s the ‘magic’- the stored moisture is only released to the
plant as and when it is needed, thus reducing the risk of over
Drying out and water loss are greatly reduced, and watering
frequencies are cut up to 75%.
- SwellGel absorbs and stores dissolved nutrients
which the plant roots then extract from these ‘reservoirs’ which
they do at the same time as they extract the moisture.
- SwellGel is fully capable of absorbing and
releasing many times over a five year period.
- SwellGel greatly increases and maintains air
content, keeping settlement and compaction to a minimum as well as
keeping drainage channels open during prolonged wet periods.
- SwellGel provides the most favourable long term
conditions for stress free establishment and growth.
- SwellGel reduces the need for further input costs,
ensuring greater all around success from a ‘one-off’ application.
- SwellGel is also non-toxic, biodegradable, has a
neutral pH and is inert, thus making it suitable for use with any